Many folks have been asking for this for years, a Recon Kit Bag in the Snubby size foot print. This gives you the advantage of being able to mount PALS compatible pouches on a smaller platform. This version loses the outside zippered pocket to take advantage of another row of PALS that would otherwise limit the types of attachments.
The pistol compartment will fit up to a stock Glock 19 and other simalar sized compact handguns. The compartment is lined with a vertical strip of loop velcro and has webbing tab at the bottom to tie in a trigger guard holster.
The Snubby Recon has the following features:
- 500d construction
- quick access concealed pistol compartment. however getting into the Snubby is more finicky than the regular footprint Kit Bags because the corners aren't as radiused. with practice, access is still plenty fast.
- comfortable mesh backed H-harness allows you to wear the Kit Bag by itself or underneath of a pack
- elastic keepers for the H-harness straps
- Velcro loop and dummy cord loop in pistol compartment allow for various retention options
- tabs with grimlocs at the top for hanging on another pack, or for use with Lifter Straps (optional) for docking to a host pack
- tabs on the bottom for attaching to another pack, or for use with the Stabilizer Kit for running
- Weight: 0.75 lb
- Length: 1.00 in
- Width: 8.50 in
- Height: 6.00 in