Forget your Grandma’s go-to for itches, and look no further than Calagel! What more can you ask for in a topical anti-itch product than INSTANT, cooling relief, a clear application (goes on clear and stays clear), and one that has a pleasant scent? You can even apply a bandage if needed!
Calagel addresses many itchy & painful issues including insect bites, sunburn, minor burns, and other minor skin irritations.
Calagel Anti-itch Gel is king when it comes to cooling itch relief. The long lasting, maximum strength itch relief is a must for rashes, insect bites, minor burns and other minor skin irritations. Don't let skin irritations stand between you and your outdoor adventures!
Fun fact: The name "Tecnu" was given by its inventor (Doctor Robert Smith), meaning "technically new"; you have likely seen it misspelled as Tech Nu or Technu Outdoor Skin Cleanser.
Diphenhydramine HCl 2% - Purpose: topical analgesic / antihistamine
benzethonium chloride, disodium EDTA, fragrance, hypromellose, menthol, polysorbate 20, purified water, sodium metabisulfite, zinc acetate
- For temporary relief of pain and itching associated with minor burns, sunburn, minor cuts, scrapes, insect bites, and minor skin irritations.
- For external use only.
- Do not use:
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one taken by mouth.
- on large areas of the body.
- Ask a doctor before using on chicken pox or measles.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens or if symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days.
Adults and children 2 years and older:
- Do not use more often than directed.
- Cleanse skin with soap and warm water. Dry affected area.
- Apply to affected area not more than 3 times daily.
- May be covered with a sterile bandage. If bandaged, let dry first.
Children under 2 years of age:
- Do not use, consult a doctor.
Store at 59-86°F (15-30°C)
How to find the year your Tecnu was manufactured:
Every product is marked with a batch code that begins with a letter followed by 4 or 5 numbers.
Below is the list of letter codes and corresponding years:
- C - 2005
- D - 2006
- E - 2007
- F - 2008
- G - 2009
- H - 2010
- J - 2011
- K - 2012
- L - 2013
- M - 2014
- N - 2015
- P - 2016
- R - 2017
- T - 2018
- U - 2019
- V - 2020
So, for example, the batch code M2009 would have been made in 2014.
Where do I find the batch code?
- Tecnu Original Outdoor Skin Cleanser - batch code is printed vertically on the label
- Tecnu Extreme Poison Ivy Scrub - batch code is embossed in the crimp of the tube
- Tecnu Calagel Medicated Anti-itch Gel - batch code is printed vertically on the label along with an expiration date
- Tecnu Rash Relief Spray - batch code is printed vertically on the label
How long can I use these products?
Calagel is the only product that has an expiration date. We do not recommend using it past the expiration date.
For all other products, we recommend throwing them out if they were manufactured more than three years ago. Tecnu Original will also change color as it ages. If your Tecnu Original turns yellow or brownish in color, throw it away and purchase new product.
WARNING: California’s Proposition 65